We currently organize our work around the design of OmpSs, a set of extensions to provide support to asynchronous tasks and heterogeneity. They are integrated into OpenMP as a base language and interoperate with MPI and CUDA (OpenCL and OpenACC interoperability is in progress). This programming model relies on top of:
- Our Mercurium source-to-source compiler provides the necessary support for transforming the high-level directives into a parallelized version of the application.
- Our Nanos++ runtime library provides the parallel services to manage all the parallelism in the user-application, including task creation, synchronization and data movement, and provide support for resource heterogeneity.
Another objective in our research line is how to achieve the most efficient use of the computational resources in parallel applications based on Shared Memory programming models. For that purpose, DLB (Dynamic Load Balancing ) library is a tool, transparent to the user, that will dynamically react to the application imbalance modifying the number of resources at any given time.
- BOTS - The Barcelona OpenMP Task Suite (trac)
- DOCS - OmpSs Documentation Repository (trac)
- BAR - BSC Application Repository (trac)
- DLB - Dynamic Load Balancing (gitlab, login required)
- TaskSim - OmpSs simulation environment (trac)
- Tareador - Supporting task decomposition (trac)
If you have any questions or suggestions you can send an e-mail to pm-tools [at] bsc.es. You can also join the pm-tools-users mailing list by sending an e-mail to pm-tools-users-join [at] bsc.es.